August 27, 2013
The start of a new academic era: “The University”.
The end of August is just around the corner, which means holidays are over, and for some also means the start of a new academic era: “The University“.
For many it will be their first year and the first time they go away from home to live on their own and being more independent. In Melon District residences halls, we have seen for almost six years, new college students who come to Barcelona to be closer to their universities and to live a new experience.
That is why we want to share with you some tips that may be helpful when arriving at Barcelona and to the residence:
1) When you get to the residence pay attention to the instructions that our staff will give you, so that way you will integrate better during your stay.
2) Also read the student handbook that we’ll give at your arrival, so you can know about the schedules, additional services and extra information of the residence.
3) Enjoy your academic challenge but also don’t forget to have leisure time. Don’t waste your free time hanging around doing nothing. Go out and do something active or even better, come to all the activities organized by Melon District during the academic year 2013-2014, that way you’ll socialize with more residents and spend great moments. Start coming to our first Welcome Fiesta!
4) Every year we have the figures of the “Resident Assistants”, who are students like you living in Melon District but with a job here. Their task is to help you during your stay to have better communication with the management of the residence. They are very sociable guys and who besides helping you with your concerns they will also do their best to integrate you with the rest of the residents and with your new experience in Barcelona. Don’t hesitate and get to meet them! http://www.melondistrict.com/en/students/life-at-melon-district/
* The new resident assistants for the academic year 2013-2014 will be announced at the end of September 2013.
5) We have also prepared in our website, some tips that could be useful at your arrival to Barcelona
6) Finally remember that you are not alone. Over 75% of the new residents are in the same situation than you of not knowing anyone. So don’t be afraid to meet people as they have the same desire to make new friends just like you. Anticipate and go forward to introduce yourself with everyone who lives in the same floor as you and who you will share the Cooking Lounge and much more during your time in Melon.
We hope this summer has reloaded you with a lot of energy to start classes, and that this academic year 2013-2014 will be amazing for everyone!